Our Pearl Journey will begin as you board the authentic “Jalboot” our pearling traditional boat. And be seated comfortably at our Arabian Majlis on the Jalboot, while being served some Arabian snack and beverages. A journey brief will be delivered by your pearl journey guide and let the Hoyamal begin…
- A Journey in the wonderful Eastern Mangrove water of the Arabian Gulf
- Sailing on a traditional dhow
- Arabian Hospitality
(Fresh dates & Coffee with beverages will be served)
- Exclusive view of the natural mangrove trees
- A demonstration of how did the pearl divers functioned on the dhow and how did they manage to live for over 4 months on the boat in the middle of the sea
- Oyster opening demonstration
- Oyster opening by yourself – and you will find a pearl and Yes you will keep it
- Traditional snacks onboard
What You Can Expect
Giving visitors a once-in-a-lifetime experience and greater understanding of the Arabian Gulf’s ancient pearling industry, the trips start at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa and last up to 60 minutes.
Guests climb aboard Jalboot – a traditional pearling dhow with a maximum capacity of 15 people – and set off on a leisurely cruise along the quiet channel lying between Abu Dhabi and Hudairiyat Islands. Seated on traditional Arabian floor cushions, guests enjoy locally-made Arabic coffee and dates while an Emirati guide explains how the country’s forefathers dedicated their lives to diving for seashells in the hope of finding valuable pearls to trade or manufacture jewelry. Local Arabic snacks are served.
During this highly interactive experience, guests witness the traditional way of opening a living, natural oyster, and receive a souvenir pearl.
|EXCLUDED||Kayak and paddle Exclusions|
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option
- All the rates are in AED
- Child Rates apply only for ages 4-12 years.
- Children under 3 years are free of charge if they are not requiring any seat. All children are under their parent’s responsibility.
- Full payment for all the tours has to be made in advance.
- Since our Safaris (as opposed to City tours) involved off-road driving, Pregnant Ladies, people with heart problems and other sensitive ailments will undertake the tours at their own risk.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption or carrying is strictly prohibited in all our vehicles.
- Photography of military and police installations and other government agencies is strictly prohibited. Photographing local ladies is not permitted. And before photographing any local residents, kindly ask their permission.
- Schedules are likely to change during the holy month of Ramadan. Please contact our representative for updates.
- “Emirates Tours & Safari” reserve the right to change the tours and safari without prior notice.
- No refund will be made for cancellation 6 hours before the safaris.
- No refund will be made for cancellation 12 hours before the city tours.
- No refund will be made for entry tickets once it is purchased.
- All tours are subject to availability
- Third Party Liability insurance with a liability of AED 1 million for any one occurrence for City tours and safaris, For other tours conducted by Third Party, they have respective Third Party Liability insurance except for Quad Bikes and Dune Buggy.